What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Trim setup Question

Gerald Clabots

Any 12 builder have the sensor position and values for setting up the trim indicator in the skyview EFIS.
If you could email or PM me.
If you have a screen shot would also work.
Thanks

Gerry

The skyview sensor values may differ from plane plane to plane. Best advice is to follow the setup outlined in the Production Acceptance Procedures and skyview install / user manuals. I have been thru the calibration process for the trim a few times and got different (but similar) values each time.

RV-12 Trim Calibration

Could any 12 Skyview builder tell me what position on the sensor page that the trim tab is located. Looking at P23 on my skyview is a postion input, But the only selection available are flaps, aileron. rudder an elevator. When I operate the trim up or down the input numbers change so I think this is the correct input
When I go to hardware calibration the system does not allow me to access the trim calibration.
Any ideas?

The antiservo tab is related to pitch (elevator) trim so in the calibration page you want to select elevator.

I have the D180, so this may or may not help. I timed the full travel and set my reference Mark at the half way point. I use a takeoff trim point slightly nose low to the mark.

Back