What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AlTrak install Pix?

Jerry Cochran

Well Known Member
Hi Folks,

I bought a TruTrak Altrak pitch control autopilot. I have everything except the install kit which TT says consists of a "bracket, pushrod, rod end bearings, bolts, washers, and nuts", cost $75. I am wondering what's special about this stuff as I have a close supplier of stuff like this (Van's).

Does anyone have clear pix of this install so I can see for myself? ...or thoughts/advice? [email protected]

Thanks in advance,

Thanks Rosie, that helps a lot. Did that mounting bracket come from TT or did you fab it? It looks like the servo is held on with 3 of 4 bolts? How many wires need to go forward to the panel?

Regards,

Thanks Rosie, that helps a lot. Did that mounting bracket come from TT or did you fab it? It looks like the servo is held on with 3 of 4 bolts? How many wires need to go forward to the panel?

Regards,

Hey Jerry, the entire mounting kit came from TruTrak, and it had everything I needed except for the small bracket that holds the static-pressure sensor. Three bolts hold the servo to the bracket, and I believe there were 7 or 8 wires that I had to run from the back to the front of the plane (this was the most difficult part of the entire installation: knowing what I know now, I'd recommend for all builders to place a conduit during the build for future growth ;-)

I have more pics at home so let me know if you need anything else :D Rosie

TT Bracket

Thanks again, Rosie... But you know, it's kinda funny because I contacted TT and thought I'd just fab up my own parts because I have rod ends and stuff so I asked for a schematic of the bracket and was told that's proprietary. So then asked two days ago if they would just sell me the bracket and no answer so far. Very unusual because they have always been super responsive in the past.

I might have to make one up using your excellent pix...I hope I don't get sued for copying it though... Yah, I am kidding.

I would imagine this would be the toughest time of the year to reach most vendors as they are all up to their eyeballs trying to get everything ready for OSH. $75.00 isn't much money for not having to fab the parts and wonder if it will all work the first time. Good luck with the install! You will love the Altrak.

Back