What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

jpi fuel pressure sensor

lawrence

Well Known Member
need to replace the fuel pressure sensor for my jpi edm-900 engine monitor.

jpi part # 3016-17 (4 wire)

does anyone know of a replacement sensor for the the jpi sensor ?

thanks for any and all replies.

Last edited:
JPI fuel pressure sensor

anyone have an idea? other then jpi sugestion to replace the monitor with a newer model. and then i can use the new jpi fuel pressure sensor.(original sensor is not available) total cost of $1700-$1800. if i go that route.

Are there any part numbers other than JPI on it? It should be a relatively standard industrial pressure sensor. You just need to match up the specs and should be able to source an equivilant. Have you spoken to more than one tech at JPI? They should be able to tell you what the specs are, 4-20ma, etc...

I took a look at mine. Part number 3060-17, 0-35 PSI.
It is a Sensys ICT who was purchased by Honeywell. There are a wide variety of sensors available from multiple manufacturers. If you can't source what you need from Honeywell, I would look to SQ D, Allen Bradley, or other industrial automation companies.
The sensor is a three wire with a shield.
I have one of the very first EDM 930's produced that wasn't a prototype. (A buddy of mine worked on the development of it). JPI was very good to me when the unit had a minor issue with the display. They completely gutted the unit and upgraded it to as new at no charge. They should be more than happy to provide you the specs of the sensor so you can source an equivalent.
Check out eBay. There are a few Sensys sensors on there. Might get lucky.

hello jon: that is exact part # i have except i have 4 wires and a shield. yes, i have been looking at sensors on amazon and ebay. and will get more info from jpi. thank you very much for info and tips. .....lawrence

hello jon: that is exact part # i have except i have 4 wires and a shield. yes, i have been looking at sensors on amazon and ebay. and will get more info from jpi. thank you very much for info and tips. .....lawrence
You bet. I stand corrected on the number of wires. You are correct.

Found a few

I wanted to reply to this thread with some information because of my fairly trying experience getting a working fuel pressure sensor.

My JPI EDM-900 needs fuel pressure sensor JPI part 159935. This is very expensive purchased from JPI and the first one they sent me was bad, which was hard to figure out because of course I then suspected the wiring.

If you are experimental or doing ground tests here are a few things you could try to rule out the sensor:

The part JPI is rebranding here is a Kavlico P4055-50G.
This is the same as a Garmin GX3 fuel pressure sensor 494-30004-02

Also the same as Dynon 101716-000, but Dynon discontinued this part and now uses a P255-50G, which might be compatible (mind the thread size).

I have heard that a 60PSI pressure sensor from Amazon for $20 will work fine with the EDM-900 but read a little low.

Back