What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport 310 panel - how much do you do?

Rick RV-4

Well Known Member
Hi all,

Planning on using a 310 carbon fiber panel, and I’m curious about what you do and don’t do in section 31 of the fuselage build. Looking on Aerosportproducts website, it looks like you cut the mount angles from the F-1003B.

But then how much do you complete on page 31-7 in the plans? I’m assuming you still install the F-1003Cs, D and E?

Thanks - any pictures would help as well!

Hi all,

Planning on using a 310 carbon fiber panel, and I’m curious about what you do and don’t do in section 31 of the fuselage build. Looking on Aerosportproducts website, it looks like you cut the mount angles from the F-1003B.

But then how much do you complete on page 31-7 in the plans? I’m assuming you still install the F-1003Cs, D and E?

Thanks - any pictures would help as well!

Do you have their installation document? To me, it looks like you do install 1003 C,D, E in order to support the aluminum backing plate for the carbon fiber panel.

I talked to Will at Aerosport and he said you do not install the F-1003B or (obviously) F-1003A.

Edited: As you point out you can use the left and right side angles of 1003B to support their aluminum plate or make your own.

Last edited:
Thanks

I looked at the install doc online as I don't yet have the panel, but now it makes sense. I was missing the bit about the "aluminum backing plate" they provide, and how that attaches to the F-1003Bs and other pieces around the edge. I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes . . .

Thanks,

Rick

I looked at the install doc online as I don't yet have the panel, but now it makes sense. I was missing the bit about the "aluminum backing plate" they provide, and how that attaches to the F-1003Bs and other pieces around the edge. I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes . . .

Thanks,

Rick

I'm with you. I think the directions will read a lot better if you have the kit/parts in front of you. They don't seem to specifically call out how some things are mounted.

Back