What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Compression Test Adapter

Frankster13

I’m using the Denso Iridium plugs in my Lycoming O-390 and need to do a compression test. I would like to get an adapter for the tester rather than remove the threaded adaptor for the plugs. What size adapter do I order? Forgot to measure before I left the hanger and now I’m on a work trip. I think I need the 12mm adapter from spruce and would like to ke to get confirmation before I order. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I’m using the Denso Iridium plugs and need to do a compression test. I would like to get an adapter for the tester rather than remove the threaded adaptor for the plugs. What size adapter do I order? Forgot to measure before I left the hanger and now I’m on a work trip. I think I need the 12mm adapter from spruce and would like to ke to get confirmation before I order. Any thoughts?

You don’t mention what engine you’re doing the test on. I’ve been using the ATS adapter and it works great. Like Larry says, I think the one you need is 14mm. The 12mm would be for Rotax motors.

Last edited:
Back