What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak Vizion officially released!

TrutrakTech

Well Known Member
Some of you may have seen this on Facebook and I know the buzz is going around (because I've been on the phone all morning! :) ). The Vizion autopilot series is officially released! This includes only the 380 and 385 two-axis versions at this point, the single axis versions will be a little later down the road.

The operating manual is now live on the website and you can find it here.

The Vizion 385 offers all the features of the Digiflight II VSGV as well as altitude select/pre-select, emergency AP level, and full integrated control from an EFIS system like the AFS 5000 series and Garmin G3X. This way you get FULL redundancy as you still get the full featured autopilot even without the EFIS but get the benefit of integrated control as well.

As always, send any questions my way. Digiflight II owners can upgrade to the Vizion 385 at special pricing, give me a call, email, or PM for details and pricing.

new autopilot

Happy Thanksgiving Lucas! I have an older Digiflight II VSGV in an RV-8 nearing completion. Obviously the plane and AP have never flown. Recently the display on the AP has many missing segments and is virtually unusable. What upgrade path and cost would apply? My EFIS is an AFS 3400EE. Thanks in advance for any input you have.... Bill

Happy Thanksgiving Lucas! I have an older Digiflight II VSGV in an RV-8 nearing completion. Obviously the plane and AP have never flown. Recently the display on the AP has many missing segments and is virtually unusable. What upgrade path and cost would apply? My EFIS is an AFS 3400EE. Thanks in advance for any input you have.... Bill

Hi Bill, shoot me a PM and I can give you a quote. I can help with all that. :)

BTW,
Happy Birthday Lucas!

Thanks, Mel!!!! Every so often I get to share it with Turkey (or ham if you're me ;) ) Day.

Dare I ask about the Gemini AP 880?

Lee...

How about the response "In development". :D. Only for real. :p

The Vizion 385

Lucas,
Your PM is full.
Will the 385 replace a AFS AP with an AFS 4500EFIS?
Alan
N668G
RV10

Dear lucas, i have a few questions about g3x and gx pilot work.

First, how can i get standard turns in the heading mode controlled by efis, y have bank anlge setted to 30 in the flight director config at the g3x, but I have only 16-19 degree turn only.

Second, when im in alt mode the ap engage Roll mode together, can i have only altitude hold and free roll movement so i can make more o less bank angle turns.

And the last question is what differences can i find in the new vision v/s the Gx pilot

Regards,

Lucas,
Your PM is full.
Will the 385 replace a AFS AP with an AFS 4500EFIS?
Alan
N668G
RV10

Yes....it was. I fixed that. And really sorry!

It certainly will! The Vizion series will do everything that the integrated AP models will do and more.

Dear lucas, i have a few questions about g3x and gx pilot work.

First, how can i get standard turns in the heading mode controlled by efis, y have bank anlge setted to 30 in the flight director config at the g3x, but I have only 16-19 degree turn only.

Second, when im in alt mode the ap engage Roll mode together, can i have only altitude hold and free roll movement so i can make more o less bank angle turns.

And the last question is what differences can i find in the new vision v/s the Gx pilot

Regards,

Hernan,

The autopilot only flies the bank angle that is commanded by the G3X up to our internal limiter, which is set at around 22-25 degrees.

Both axes engage at the same time. There is no way to engage just the pitch axis of the autopilot.

The new Vizion does everything that a GX Pilot does, but it also allows altitude select/pre-select, emergency AP level mode, and will follow all flight plan commands from your GPS.

Lucas,

What is the price for the Vizion control head only and is there an upgrade path/trade up for people with the GX Pilot?

Lucas,

What is the price for the Vizion control head only and is there an upgrade path/trade up for people with the GX Pilot?

Just what I was thinking, and is there any additional wiring to make the change.

Lucas,

Hi Brian,

Absolutely. Upgrade pricing is dependent on the serial number of the unit. PM me for a quote. :)

Just what I was thinking, and is there any additional wiring to make the change.

There isn't a drastic wiring change, but the DII/GX/AFS all had two power pin options. The Vizion has only one. To keep you from having to rewire anything, we will provide an adapter harness with each upgrade, that keeps it plug and play for you.

Back