What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT service bulliten

I just installed this mod on my GRT 10.1 Horizon. GRT sent me the parts very quickly and it only took a few minutes to install it once the unit was out of the airplane and on the bench.

Dave, were you having any issues with the EFIS buttons?

Our remote Trig comm is randomly flipping and flopping the active and standby frequencies. Hope this is the fix, otherwise I need to stuff myself under the panel and trace out the wiring to see if there is a short to ground somewhere on the control stick grip wiring.

I was having trouble with the buttons it was like I pressed it twice. It wasn't always but enough to irritate me, It works great now. Did you check your serial number I think it was about 140 units affected.

Didn't check the number, but Jeff knows my system is old enough to fit into the range of affected units.

Was your button issue there from the beginning, or did it develop over time?

Ours has been fine for 45 or so hours, now acting quirky.

Does anyone know if this also applies to the HXr? It is not technically a 10.1, but I believe it was the precursor to it. Looks identical except my buttons aren't oval.

Does anyone know if this also applies to the HXr? It is not technically a 10.1, but I believe it was the precursor to it. Looks identical except my buttons aren't oval.

"All Horizon 10.1 and Sport 10.1 EFIS models with serial numbers between 3000 and 3140."

Just to close the loop here, my units were serial number 3027 and 3031, so they fell into the range of the SB.

After installing the parts, the radio issue was gone.

Thanks GRT, appreciate the support.

Back