What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stick Clearance

N42AH

Well Known Member
Have a flying RV-10 with a standard panel. Time to upgrade the panel.
Currently the stick just fits under the panel.
Thinking about using the Aerosport RV-10 Carbon Fiber Standard Panel.
My question is for those that have used this panel, have you shorten your stick or let it contact the panel in the full forward position? I guesstimate it would be less than an inch of travel available it if did contact the panel and might not justify shortening the stick.

Just asking

lower

The Aerosport panel definitely sits lower. I have the Symmetrical panel and there is no way you would want to cut the stick down to go under it. My elevator stops and pushrods were adjusted to allow clearance between the full down stick position and the panel.

Don't think you want interference between the stick and panel even though, in reality, if you need to have that much forward stick in a -10, you likely have more pressing issues to deal with.

For some grips, like the Tosten grips, cutting the sticks down to about an inch above the weld/curve is required. Your decision to cut or not might depend on what you are topping that stick with.

Back