What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim Tab Servo Wiring (elevator)

SteveO

Has anyone had problems with the Micro Molex Connectors used on the ends of the Trim Tab Servo wires? I was able to attach the wires to the Molex connectors but inserting those connectors into the “Molex plug” (the plastic housing for the wires) seemed very difficult. I eventually got all 5 wires inserted but have very little confidence it will work when I test it a couple years from now.

Thank you,
Steve

Last edited:
Has anyone had problems with the Micro Molex Connectors used on the ends of the Trim Tab Servo wires? I was able to attach the wires to the Molex connectors but inserting those connectors into the “Molex plug” (the plastic housing for the wires) seemed very difficult. I eventually got all 5 wires inserted but have very little confidence it will work when I test it a couple years from now.

Thank you,
Steve

Yes. :mad:

I am going to change this out and go with a TE/AMP CPC Series 2, 8 pin connector.

The connectors only fit in one direction inside the housing. Look inside and at the tabs with a flashlight and magnification to get a feel for the orientation.

Back