What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Headset Stowage

Yes, spring loaded closed, fold out 90 degrees.
I would not hang my wife's purse on it, but it's fine for headsets. (I'm using the plastic version)
Headsets are at the hangar, so you get my Oppo's and some construction mess.

Attachments

• IMG_3790.jpg
    IMG_3790.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Folding latches

Yep,
I have used the metal version of those latches for a few years in my -8.
Saves space and works great

I guess the OP has gotten the idea... But thought I'd add that I just installed the metal version two days ago and after two flights I am very glad I did. Works well and no more stepping around (or on!) my headset.

I installed a pair of the ones designed for the RV-12 under the longeron forward of the canopy. Worked very well.

https://shop.vansaircraft.com/cgi-b...15802-500-180&l=c&browse=&product=&action=add

IMG_0439%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Thanks, all!

I definitely have the idea, now. I was trying to decide whether to install the headphone jacks outboard of the seats, as per the plans (and harness) thinking they might work better between the seats. But, I think hanging the headphones on the fuse, forward of my left knee and copilots right knee will work out fine.

I'd jam mine in the air vent, but that's where I keep my chocolate chip cookies. :D Anybody who doesn't get the joke...you need to order a headset from Scott and his wife, call sign "Cookie".

Back