What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Berenger Update - 2 years in

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I've had the Beringer wheels/brakes for two years, and I changed a tire for the first time today. It really wasn't hard with the tool they sell, and went on/off pretty easy.

The brakes have been flawless and have hardly worn at all.

I'm amazed how much debris and gunk collects around the hub/wheel. I didn't pull the tire off the rim the first time around last year, but I think I'm going to start doing it and cleaning everything up really well each year just to give the assembly a fresh clean start from time to time. I really don't want to spray down the tire with brake cleaner. If you don't put on a new tire the oring kit is about $10. I didn't need a new tire today, I just flipped it over to wear on the other side for while.

Thanks for that update

How many hours logged in the 2 years?
Glad to hear the tire changes are not too involved. The Beringer video's make it look very straightforward, but happy to get real-world confirmation.
I'm still building and have already purchased the Beringer -14 package....excited to install and use them in the future!

I've already purchased their tire change tool and spare o-ring just to have anticipating the future need.

For those who haven't seen, here is a link the Beringer YouTube page with great mnx videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEEFydOocYFVWEVpVTjMjPg/videos

165 hours so far. The oring kit has orings for two tires and one valve stem. I didn’t bother the valve stem so my second kit now has two of those.

The trick in breaking the bead with the vice is to have the valve stem side covered with a board taking care not to mash the stem itself. If you only squeeze the bead just one side comes off.

Tool needed ?

I have Berenger brakes and love them. What tool is needed?? 105 hours and wearing very little and so far very even.

When you mount a new tire you can't get the two halves of the split rim together so there is a tool with two laminated boards that allow the tire to be compressed on the rim to get a new tire installed. In my case I flipped the tire over so the tool wasn't really needed.

Tool Needed

Thanks, I thought the tool needed was to break the wheel off the rim which looked pretty straight forward with the vise. Yes now understand the tool is needed to assemble the 2 half's. Thanks !!!

How often do you need to add air to the tires?

I find I add air about twice a year. Filled to 4 bar, I find it about 3 bar after 6 months or so. Don’t notice any difference in landing and the loss is not visually obvious. YMMV. :rolleyes:

For anyone looking to do a Beringer installation on an RV14TW, we currently have one demo set left at 2021 pricing. Also have the unused sensair system. This setup is still configurable for a PB valve, ANTI skid valve, or neither based on your preferences. Setup will include all pre made brake lines from Aircraft Specialty Flightlines.

Going to the first person who contacts us. Give Steve a call or email [email protected]

Steve

PRO SEAL CORROSION INHIBITIVE SEALANT 870 A - 1/2

When installing the Beringer Main wheel assembly Beringer asks for " a thin coat of CORROSION INHIBITIVE SEALANT type CA1000 from PRC De Soto (or an equivalent)" between the axel & gear leg and the axel bolts. Anyone find an equivalent?

Back