What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help Finding W-00007CD in plans

mullock

Working on my wings and when prepping my parts I have a doubler part number W-00007CD, it is split in half and the Mothership parts page calls it an Aileron Attach Doubler. I have scoured my plans and after 2 days searching cannot find a reference in the plans for it. Am I missing something or do I have an extra part not meant for the RV-14? Hoping for some clarity from the brain trust! Thanks!

Working on my wings and when prepping my parts I have a doubler part number W-00007CD, it is split in half and the Mothership parts page calls it an Aileron Attach Doubler. I have scoured my plans and after 2 days searching cannot find a reference in the plans for it. Am I missing something or do I have an extra part not meant for the RV-14? Hoping for some clarity from the brain trust! Thanks!

Maybe these three links can help you get to the bottom of it..

https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=145398

https://www.vansaircraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/sb16-03-28.pdf

https://www.brunbergs.net/tag/sb-16-03-28/

Last edited:

Thanks for the feedback, sure enough, it is in SB-16-03-28. I am a little confused why it is provided in the wing kit, isn't in the build manual, and the SB states that is is not recommended as a preventative measure for fully assembled wings. Part of the SB kit has been incorporated though so a bit of a head-scratcher. I am going to do some more research may need to call Vans.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, sure enough, it is in SB-16-03-28. I am a little confused why it is provided in the wing kit, isn't in the build manual, and the SB states that is is not recommended as a preventative measure for fully assembled wings. Part of the SB kit has been incorporated though so a bit of a head-scratcher. I am going to do some more research may need to call Vans.

Thanks!

Yes you will find that VANS has several Service Bulletins that aren't incorporated in the plans yet. .you have to figure how to beat incorporate them. As for the note about "not recommended as preventative on assembled wings" I think that's because of the potential damage incurred while trying to work in the little space. I think you'll want to put them in during the build..

100% agree, do them now as you build. You will find they removed the parts in the plans for that attach point. You just follow the SB for the INBRD attach points.

The note you mention is so folks with a built wing don't apply the SB unless there is cracks. I would not want to do this SB on a closed up wing, it would be tough.

Page 21 of the wing PDF (NOT the plans page) at the WIKI might help.

Wiki is in my signature.

If you do not have a thumbdrive yet please buy one if you will be using the WIKI.

Incorporating these parts into the plans is in the works but not fully implemented yet.

Thanks for the info Scott!

I understand the page not being updated, after piecing the info together from the SB and the plans I see it will be a major update to that page specifically. Having gone through this now and having it basically done on my plane, may I suggest a reference to the SB in the plans in the meantime? The SB appears to be from 2016 and I picked up my kit in 2020, without this forum I am not sure I would have ever found the data I needed to make sense of the parts discrepancies I had based on the plans. I would not have guessed that a Service Bulletin from that far back would not be in my delivered plan package. Now I will be more careful about assumptions!

Back