What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a photo of your completed RV 14

Now it flies in colors !

I dreamed it, Aerostyll did it.
The bird is back in its nest.

I'm happy.

Attachments

• AeroStyll 1.jpg
    AeroStyll 1.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 393
  • AeroStyll 2.jpg
    AeroStyll 2.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 373
  • AeroStyll 3.jpg
    AeroStyll 3.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Thanks all !
It's a important milestone and I congratulate the painting workshop for the quality of their work.

o5g.jpg

RV 14 New Zealand

Finally after persevering I may beable to post some Images of my completed plane. You would think having built an aircraft after 5 years and 7 months that posting a photo would be a walk in the park so to speak.
Anyway it flew on 23 September from my farm strip and is located at our local aerodrome while I get comfortable with it. I have flown 5 hrs but now farming takes priority over fun while we sow our crops.
DSC01852.jpg

received-2366716016709467.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

I've waited a while to post in this thread, as I wanted my "finished" photo to be of the painted aircraft. So here it is. First flight was back in April and I'm well out of phase I. Just got it back from paint shop a few days ago, and finally got the fairings fully installed..

IMG_1112.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking RV-14A

How do you like your Best Tugs tug?

We have a couple in our hangar right now. One of them is the small size in your photo. I love that thing. Use it on everything from our RV-10 to the RV-14 tail dragger. The only airplanes we don't use it on is the RV-12's because they already are so easy to move.

Nice looking RV-14A

How do you like your Best Tugs tug?

We have a couple in our hangar right now. One of them is the small size in your photo. I love that thing. Use it on everything from our RV-10 to the RV-14 tail dragger. The only airplanes we don't use it on is the RV-12's because they already are so easy to move.

Thanks Scott. Regarding the Best Tugs tug: I really like it. My hangar partner has a Bonanza and I wanted to be able to move both airplanes around (someone has to be in back). I can push the -14A up the slight incline but not the Bonanza. The Pateys run a great company and make great products!

That is one gorgeous 14A! very nice job. Like the High Visibility Black bottom/White top! Or is that super dark blue? either way it's beautiful!

Last edited:
That is one gorgeous 14A! very nice job. Like the High Visibility Black bottom/White top! Or is that super dark blue? either way it's beautiful!

It's a dark blue. Lighting conditions make it look darker. Thank you for the compliment!

Better idea of the color in this photo:

IMG_1082.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous colors! The blue/white is slick.

The 14 is such a well proportionally shaped airplane.

Gorgeous colors! The blue/white is slick.

The 14 is such a well proportionally shaped airplane.

I agree Andrew - the airplane just looks right from every angle. Mostly white is pretty much the only way I'd go living in Florida. Dark on the bottom also helps visibility from the ground as someone noted. But I just like the look. The paint shop had a 310 with almost identical scheme in their shop when I visited and I copied the colors from it. Another RV-14A owner has a very similar scheme that I had seen and admired as well.

Nice looking RV!

My -9A has a very similar scheme, although it's not nearly as shiny and clean. :)

You were wise not to get the stripes/scheme duplicated on the wheel pants. Solid white looks great and is much easier to deal with if there's any damage.

I agree Andrew - the airplane just looks right from every angle. Mostly white is pretty much the only way I'd go living in Florida. Dark on the bottom also helps visibility from the ground as someone noted. But I just like the look. The paint shop had a 310 with almost identical scheme in their shop when I visited and I copied the colors from it. Another RV-14A owner has a very similar scheme that I had seen and admired as well.

My -9A has a very similar scheme, although it's not nearly as shiny and clean. :)

You were wise not to get the stripes/scheme duplicated on the wheel pants. Solid white looks great and is much easier to deal with if there's any damage.

Thank you - precisely the reason I stayed with plain white - in case of future damage. I used a couple of stainless steel washers to make protective rings on the nose wheel pants to help prevent tow bar damage as well.

I've waited a while to post in this thread, as I wanted my "finished" photo to be of the painted aircraft. So here it is. First flight was back in April and I'm well out of phase I. Just got it back from paint shop a few days ago, and finally got the fairings fully installed..

Great looking airplane with a paint scheme that really suits it. Congratulations!

Miss March 2020

With the improvements to the site, I can finally post a photo of my RV-14A. Finished May 2019. On display last year at Oshkosh at the Lycoming booth and selected “Miss March 2020” in the Sherwin Williams Aerospace Coatings calendar. Guess my wife’s favorite color . . . Photo by DR.

[ed. Hey, I remember that photoshoot! I kept loosing sight of the plane it blended in so well with the background <grin>. Beautiful plane there MED! Really popped. v/r,dr]

Attachments

• DF9281A3-5525-45CB-BCB4-5E6D8157DE8D.jpg
    DF9281A3-5525-45CB-BCB4-5E6D8157DE8D.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 914
Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful

MED,
We met at Oshkosh lost year-I was the guy with the malfunctioning Grumman Tiger. Just so you know, I ordered my Thunderbolt and prop, yes, your prop, today.
Jeff Davis

With the improvements to the site, I can finally post a photo of my RV-14A. Finished May 2019. On display last year at Oshkosh at the Lycoming booth and selected “Miss March 2020” in the Sherwin Williams Aerospace Coatings calendar. Guess my wife’s favorite color . . . Photo by DR.

[ed. Hey, I remember that photoshoot! I kept loosing sight of the plane it blended in so well with the background <grin>. Beautiful plane there MED! Really popped. v/r,dr]

Nice aircraft. I'm planning on doing mine in the same lime/yellow colour (yes for the visibility dr). Is it paint or vinyl? Do you have a paint code at all?

MED,
We met at Oshkosh lost year-I was the guy with the malfunctioning Grumman Tiger. Just so you know, I ordered my Thunderbolt and prop, yes, your prop, today.
Jeff Davis

Congratulations! You will love the prop . . and the airplane! 128 hours, as of Monday. A joy to fly. :D

Nice aircraft. I'm planning on doing mine in the same lime/yellow colour (yes for the visibility dr). Is it paint or vinyl? Do you have a paint code at all?

Thank you. My wife’s favorite color.

Glo Aircraft Painting, based at the same airport as DR, painted it with Sherwin Williams Jet Glo in Key Lime (05969), Capri Blue (07454), and Firecracker Red (05963). It gets lots of attention. :cool: Post a picture when yours is done!

Thank you. My wife’s favorite color.

Glo Aircraft Painting, based at the same airport as DR, painted it with Sherwin Williams Jet Glo in Key Lime (05969), Capri Blue (07454), and Firecracker Red (05963). It gets lots of attention. :cool: Post a picture when yours is done!

Thank you for the information. I will post but I'm a long way off from painting yet.

Picked This up from Evoke Aviation today

The work coming out of Jonathan's shop speaks for itself...and I’m glad it’s home now.

Attachments

• 26B96876-5281-4E2D-AEB8-F679208705FA.jpeg
    26B96876-5281-4E2D-AEB8-F679208705FA.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,282
  • F05B4579-E05C-40E2-BE8D-40060EBA3629.jpeg
    F05B4579-E05C-40E2-BE8D-40060EBA3629.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 817
  • ADD7087F-F578-4578-8897-1FA607E37737.jpeg
    ADD7087F-F578-4578-8897-1FA607E37737.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 756
  • AFA66377-2517-4FB2-A206-DB6A9DDAF8D3.jpeg
    AFA66377-2517-4FB2-A206-DB6A9DDAF8D3.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 765
Last edited:
Picked this up from Evoke Aviation

James,
Airplane looks awesome. I was at Jonathan's shop today with my RV-14 and he was telling about having just completed your 14. Looks just as Larry described it. The checkerboard pattern is a real eye catcher and yes you are correct, Jonathan's shop speaks for itself.

RV14-A Completed in 2019

Lotta love in this QB 14-A. Great traveling airplane for two. 320 hours logged.

Attachments

• RV 14-A.jpg
    RV 14-A.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 1,344
  • RV14-A - Copy-2.jpg
    RV14-A - Copy-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,478
  • RV Int.jpg
    RV Int.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,410
Just out of the paint shop...

Almost too pretty to fly!

Attachments

• C19CCBD8-3616-4A05-A6F2-B3DA9434EE20.jpg
    C19CCBD8-3616-4A05-A6F2-B3DA9434EE20.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 951
Aircrafter’s Refinishing on X26. They use to be advertisers on this site but I don’t see that now. They worked hard for a reasonable price.

Painted in December 2018.
This is 3 photos of my 2020 trips.

Attachments

• courchevel 2020.jpg
    courchevel 2020.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 1,303
  • parking courchevel.jpg
    parking courchevel.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 976
  • megeve.jpg
    megeve.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 908