What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Compressor size/recs for compression checks

WingnutWick

Well Known Member
My old compressor has died on me and I'm looking to get another for the hangar that will suffice for compression tests and using your standard pneumatic tools. Anyone have a recommendation for the min size compressor to use. I have seen in the past, too small of compressors not working for compression checks.

Thanks for the input.

What tools? For cylinder compression test, just about anything will work, unless your cylinders leak like crazy! Some tools: rivet gun, pneumatic squeezer, use little air. Air driven drills, angle grinders, paint sprayers, need a lot more.

You can pickup one of the construction type twin tank compressors off of Craigslist or Market place where I'm at in Washington for $50-100.00
Or you can do like I did and put an 80 gallon outside my hangar plumbed to a 120 gallon storage tank inside my hangar. Cool dry air is good for tools and painting.
Mine doesn't run very often when I'm working, Air storage no matter the compressor size will help cool the air and let het water settle out.
My three cent worth Art

Back