What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs filling in for Blue Angels at Dayton Airshow

A5555

Well Known Member
When I probed Jon Thocker about this he admitted the Redline team was contacted and asked to fill in for the Blue Angels in Dayton. This is a high calling indeed. Godspeed Redline team!

Iv-KMNw0YlJhXOFSkXkRZ-mjbvv9dpnZOkW-h0FxKn2sj5PDjETm73oMUKKGqc9hVEPFy2PvdNI=w1152-h864-rw-no

Congratulations Redline Team

When I probed Jon Thocker about this he admitted the Redline team was contacted and asked to fill in for the Blue Angels in Dayton. This is a high calling indeed. Godspeed Redline team!

Iv-KMNw0YlJhXOFSkXkRZ-mjbvv9dpnZOkW-h0FxKn2sj5PDjETm73oMUKKGqc9hVEPFy2PvdNI=w1152-h864-rw-no

When the accidents occurred, I wondered if RV Teams would serve a role during the stand-down. The crowd should be impressed with action.

Can you imagine the call. There you are putzing around in your hangar when the phone rings?. Ah, the Blue Angels can?t make it this year, can you fill in for them? Whoa!

Thanks for the pitch Steve! Yes, we were somewhat surprised with the call, but had been in contact with them over the last couple of years trying to get hired for this show. It seems we were to be hired next year, and they were very happy that we were available this weekend for this years show.
This is a "bucket list" show for us as was/is OSH and Sun n Fun.
We do enjoy showing what the RV8 can do in the air show environment and have convinced ourselves we have the "Perfect" plane!!:D

That is great news! so....... when you say "hired" how does that work with an experimental aircraft?

The only restriction on Experimentals is the CARRYING of persons or property for hire.

Vic

Who'd a thunk!

Hey Mutha!

Flashback to a dinner party at Pensacola almost two years ago. It's almost like we had a crystal ball and knew that it was time to punch out. I've been watching you and Ken ever since and it's been a thrill ride from the get-go. Congratulations on subbing for the Blues. They could not have picked a better team.

Back