What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lightspeed and Sensenich FP metal prop

WAM120RV

Well Known Member
How many of you guys are running with a Lightspeed or other electronic ignition system with a Sensenich FP metal prop?

I am interested in the set uo you have and the hours flown with this combination.

Over a thousand hours with a Sensenich Fp prop and dual LightSPEED and no problems and great in low to high teens.

How many of you guys are running with a Lightspeed or other electronic ignition system with a Sensenich FP metal prop?

I am interested in the set uo you have and the hours flown with this combination.

I have one P-mag and one Slick mag on an XP-IO-320. Running an extra 2" of pitch over the recommended prop and very happy with the performance. It will still exceed 2600 rpm at 8,500 ft so once I go LOP it's all good.

I have 800 hrs on one Lightspeed and one Slick mag. Magnet on flywheel for the Lightspeed. O320-D2A with standard (70CM7S9-0-79) FP Senenich metal prop. Engine start with Lightspeed.

Building a database

Thanks Guys

For your information I am putting together a small data base to help with getting this combination accepted in the UK. Having said that it has already been done here, I think its a case of left hand right hand!!

Back