What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X and 650xi

Flyyak

Well Known Member
Friend
I have dual G3X non touch and a 430W. I am about to upgrade to a 650xi. Please let me know if the 650xi integrates fully and will use all the 650xi bells and whistles with the non touch G3X. I like the non touch units. Also I understand that the 650 will require replacing the tray, backplate and connectors. Will I be able to use the same wiring harness or will it require additional wiring (wires) for the more bells and whistles of the 650?

The OP is upgrading from a 430W.

The 650 and 650xi have different connectors than the 430, and will require rewiring. The tray is essentially the same dimensions. The 650 will play with the G3x non touch just fine. As an alternate, you could upgrade to the IFD440 Avidyne, which would not require any wiring changes, and add some additional functionality. It slides right into the GNS430W tray.

The non-touch are great units... but if I were you I would seriously consider moving to the touches, once you have a taste of their capability you will not want to go back.

And yes you will have all the capabilities of the Xi at your disposal with the G3X.

Back