What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sport Pilot Legal RV-9A...?

Very old thread but I am researching N235LS and was wondering if anyone on here knows Jay Kurtz? I am looking for contact info or email so I can contact him with some questions.
Thank you,
Keith

Jay is at X49

X49 South Lakeland Airport in Florida, I spoke with him a few months ago when he was selling an RV-9 "Lite Sport" I think he has the website and his phone is listed as 863-701-zero zero zero zero. Never met but he seems like a Great Guy on the phone, long winded too. Ed:D

The one I was looking at is sold. I will give the guy a call in Fl. I don't need Light sport, but being over 60, it is only a matter of time I guess.
Thanks

The one I was looking at is sold. I will give the guy a call in Fl. I don't need Light sport, but being over 60, it is only a matter of time I guess.
Thanks

Basic Med is the answer. There is a good chance that if you are able to get a drivers license, you can get a basic med exam completed. Basic Med is much more flexible that LS in my opinion. About hte only meaningfull restrictions over the Class III is limited to 18K MSL and can't be a safety pilot.

Worth some research.

Larry

Very old thread but I am researching N235LS and was wondering if anyone on here knows Jay Kurtz? I am looking for contact info or email so I can contact him with some questions.
Thank you,
Keith
I also looked into buying N235LS when it was listed. We found some question marks regarding the registration status that looked like it could end up being a lot of paperwork problems if anyone at the FAA started asking questions. I decided to pass and look for one that's less likely to raise eyebrows. Also, my wife started asking questions like "How are we going to haul all my luggage in that?" and "Don't we need enough load capacity to takes some fuel with us?" Of course, those are valid and valuable questions that are easily answered with money. I guess I'm now looking into a 10. (And a few more years before I can retire.)

Back