What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV6 Wing Incidence Blocks

ten4teg

Well Known Member
I need to check the incidence on an RV6 wing. Can somebody please provide the size of the block used to accomplish this. The blocks sits on the rear spar and the level goes from the top of the block to the top of the front spar. Appreciate the help. Contact Tom [email protected]
Thanks

3 1/32 inches per the construction manual

Attachments

• RV-6-6A wing incidence.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 284
Incidence tool

I made an incidence tool from two pieces of angle aluminum. One long piece, one a little longer than the desired block dimension.
Clamp them together perfectly square and at the correct dimension. Easy to carry it back and forth and place a level on top.

25 to 30-years ago, my wing kit came with an airfoil shape drawn inside the lid of the wing kit. Instructions said to cut it out and use it to set the wings level with the fuselage. Once the rear spar is match drilled with the fuselage, the tool should not be needed again.

The PDF attached to this thread has the same methods of setting the rest of the airplane up that my plans had. The only difference was the wing.

I need to check the incidence on an RV6 wing

well, checking the incidence on those wings is one thing... any kind of correction another one.
The precision of the positioning and required angle of F-604 during the build are paramount. And so is the rear spar attachment.

Back