What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I have a problem!

Brantel

Well Known Member
My RV-7 has not been gone more that 2 months and I have already watched all the RV-12IS YouTube videos and have the plans on USB in hand. Am I crazy?

My RV-7 has not been gone more that 2 months and I have already watched all the RV-12IS YouTube videos and have the plans on USB in hand. Am I crazy?

I'm not sure the issues are related.

If you do choose to head down the RV-12 path, I think you'll be amazed at how quickly you can turn a pile of parts into an airplane.

The RV-12 is a sweet-flying little machine, to be sure. But maybe hold out for the RV-15?

If you had a drinking problem, would you go to a pub for guidance?

I had that same problem Brian. I felt it in the pit of my stomach when I watched my RV-10 fly away with its new owner. I thought I was done with aviation when I decided to sell. How wrong I was. Six months later I’m back at it building a -9A. Follow your heart. Life is short.

Brian,

I'm sure someone around you has an RV-12 and would give you a demo ride.
Fly it first! I'm sure then you will know if you are crazy or not. :)

If you had a drinking problem, would you go to a pub for guidance?

Exactly. He’s not looking for guidance, I think he’s looking for justification.
Brian - you have been down this road before - you are justified. You’ve done the research, you know your goals and desires, you don’t need any of the RV addicts here (including me) to tell you what to do. You already know the answer……. go for it.

Last edited:
Somehow this just came to mind.

Attachments

• D358F17D-19B7-4B2B-AC10-6C12E6003731.jpg
    D358F17D-19B7-4B2B-AC10-6C12E6003731.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 85
Seven Gone, 12 next

For me the decision was to fly or not to fly. I had to downgrade to Sport Pilot. I miss the XC but other than that, the 12 is a genuine RV and I agree with those that tell you to go fly one. I did and that was enough. It is a joy to fly.

But if you still want 7ish performance, give it some thought.

Back