What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim Cables

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello Gents

I will need to relocate my electric elevator trim servo to the back of my RV-4 under the vertical fin and I was wondering for the ones of you who did this, where did you buy your Trim cable ( Bowden I believe they're called ) and what length approximately did you required??

Thanks

Bruno
rv4videotron.ca

Bowden vs Teleflex

Bruno,
The Bowden cable is often a "cheaper" minimalistic push/pull similar to a lawn mower throttle cable. Typical with Carb heat, ect. The factory trim cables are true Teleflex cables that can handle a bit more pressure and have less freeplay associated with them . Look up teleflex cables and you will find a gammit of options for boats, race cars ect., if no one on here shares a legit part number or source. Your servo location can be set after you have the cable and get it routed. I installed the "in elevator" set-up on mine after it was already built for the cable trim, and it wasn't that hard to adjust some pieces to make it work if you decide to go that route.

Trim Cable

Thanks a lot for the info Bill, I'll have a look ..

My present set up is with the Trim Servo mounted in the front ( where the old manual trim handle used to be ) using the Van's trim cable.

It does work but I think that the servo might be working a little too hard at pulling on that trim cable and is sometime slow to react,

So that is the reason why I wanna move it to the back and use a shorter cable..

Thanks again

Bruno

TRIM CABLE

Thanks Matt, that is the link I was looking for and being able to get it via AC Spruce is even better,:D

That is exactly the same install as Randy that I'm planning

Thanks

Bruno

Back