What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EIS4000 Fuel Level Settings, SF/AuxOff

Tony Kirk

Well Known Member
Can someone who is using the Grand Rapids EIS4000 for fuel tank gauging with Van's float senders (Stewart Warner) please give me their current EIS Scale Factor and AuxOffset settings.

Sandy sent me a wonderful document on the calibration process but it requires full tanks. Since the wings are already on the 6A and I don't want to fill both tanks at the current time, I would like to have a ballpark setting then go back and fine tune during the Phase 1 flight tests.

Also, at what quantity of fuel does the float run out of headroom (top out) and additional fuel won't increase the EIS fuel level.

Can you measure the ohms

If you don't get any takers, If you know the ohms at full & empty for your sender? I assume you are using a AUX input with a 4.8V and an external resistor. I can estimate the SF and offset to get the desired read out, 0 to X gallons. But you need to know the equivlent resistor values.

Good Luck. George

Last edited:
In my 8A the AuxSF is 30 and the AuxOff is 85. Still fine tuning, but this seems to be fairly accurate. The EIS shows 16 when the tanks (21 gal) are full so approx. 5 gal. will be used before you see any movement of the number.

John Miller

we don't use float type senders with our Grand Rapids ... but the best we could do is 7 gallons per side scale ... so anything above 7 gallons the EIS reads full then read dead on 6.9 gallons and less. I did 50 hours of testing (faa reqed) and during on testing we did alot of testing of the fuel scales to get to this point. So don't worry if it doesn't read dead on the first time.

Back