What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interiors

Derrell

Well Known Member
Looking for comments on seats, side panels etc.. Quality, price, personal experience. I have researched Van's Foam Seats, Classic Aero, Flightline Interors & Oregon Aero.

Derrell
7A Finish

Becki Orndorff

http://www.fly-gbi.com is the website I used to get my interior materials from Becki Orndorff. She provides a video to teach one how to actually create an interior. I wanted to do this because all planes are a little different for one thing and I just wanted to do it myself. The material selections are unlimited - really! After having done this job I know I can tackle any kind of upholstry job in my airplane (RV-6A). Becki sewed my seat/back pads which are velcroed in place and I built up and installed everything else - it was straight forward process and a very satisfying experience that produced a totally unique interior. I even provided the pattern I wanted sewn into the seat/back pads. If you order from her she will ask for your dimensions and those of your flying mate and the pads are sized to fit your needs. It has been few years since I ordered mine so I don't remember all of the details but I am very satisfied with the interior and the building experience. My experience is limited to this one supplier and although I had my Archer II reupholstered a couple of times this is the only time I have done the job myself. Others with a lot more depth are certainly more qualified to evaluate the options that are available.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Is it me, or does trying to cover the Van's foam seats seem like a daunting task?

I have the link to an EAA/ rocket guy who does his own, I'd be interested in finding more info to cover my own foam with cloth or vinyl.

Best prices out there for having it done is Abby at $350; DJ approx $600, luke $650. urghh.

I used the seats from Classic Aero in my 8A and I highly recommend them. Materials, fit and finish are absolutely first rate. They are so comfortable it's like sitting in your easy chair. A little heavier and more expensive than some of the alternatives, perhaps, but very, very nice.

John Miller
RV8A, Fairbanks

Back