What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bellcrank cover mounted OAT sensor wire question

Kooshball

Well Known Member
For those folks who have mounted their OAT sensor on the actual bellcrank covers how did you secure the wiring to keep it away from the bellcrank but still allow access through the cover?

Thx!

For those folks who have mounted their OAT sensor on the actual bellcrank covers how did you secure the wiring to keep it away from the bellcrank but still allow access through the cover?

Thx!

Use a different access panel...

I have dual Dynon OAT probes mounted on the inboard inspection covers, then routed to ADAHARS units mounted in aft fuselage. No issues.

Last edited:
Conduit

Conduit in the wings for all the wires, they just exit the conduit adjacent to the OAT probe.

I mounted the OAT on the middle inspection panel, not the outboard (bellcrank). The wiring was spliced at the probe and I put it on a Molex connector, then routed it through the black nylon conduit to the forward fuselage (along with the new AoA tubing), into the floor tunnel and back to the ADAHRS. Getting those wires back there was easy. Getting both the AoA and the pitot tubing through the bulkheads was hard. My mechanic inspected the whole install just tonight and pronounced the routing good to go.

Back