What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P-mag and RMI MicroMonitor

Is anyone using the P-mag with a Rocky Mountain Micro Monitor? I have one P-mag and one Bendix and everything that I know about the P-mag is that I can go directly to the P-mag for tach signal. (Currently have a hall sensor on the flywheel for prop RPM).

Is anyone going straight from the P-mag to the RMI MM for RPM data?

I go straight from my P-mag to a MGL RPM-1. I don't know the details of the Rocky Mountain system, but I am sure it is pretty straight-forward with a little reading through the P-mag and RMI manuals. You may need to add a step-down resistor.

I had a RMI Micro Monitor and a Pmag/Slick setup. The RMI manual shows the wiring for this combination. If I recall there is a diode between the mag switch and the Pmag switch to read RPM during the run-up (I don't think it was a resistor). I wired it this way and it worked fine... set up the RMI for 2 pulse per rev.

However, on my current plane I also have a Pmag and a Slick and the Pmag weather on or off generates an RPM signal. So maybe the RMI manual is out of date with Pmag doesn't need the diode called out in the install manual.

If you are missing the install and programming manuals, I probably have pdfs on somewhere and can send them to you.
db

Is anyone using the P-mag with a Rocky Mountain Micro Monitor? I have one P-mag and one Bendix and everything that I know about the P-mag is that I can go directly to the P-mag for tach signal. (Currently have a hall sensor on the flywheel for prop RPM).

Is anyone going straight from the P-mag to the RMI MM for RPM data?

Back