What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear spar question

Kaffer62

I was curious, I have a set of preview plans that are older than the kit itself. When drilling the rear spar to match the hs-708 it calls to drill a #19 size hole. Looking at the newer manual it calls for a #21. Which size should I go with? Should I follow the newer plans since clearly adjustments have been made or do I stay the course with the older plans?

Hole

I was curious, I have a set of preview plans that are older than the kit itself. When drilling the rear spar to match the hs-708 it calls to drill a #19 size hole. Looking at the newer manual it calls for a #21. Which size should I go with? Should I follow the newer plans since clearly adjustments have been made or do I stay the course with the older plans?

Look at the rivet call out and drill accordingly. Seems like that's a #5 Cherrymax so #21 sounds right but double check.

Frank
The rivets you're referring to are the two BSPQ-5-4 rivets?
They measure .153. A #21 drill will give you .159. A #19 will give you .166.
My plans from 2008 indicate #21.
Id suggest you get the most current plans, they are available on CD, along with the most up-to-date scaled drawings.
Have fun.

Back