What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

need tailwheel part numbers

Sam Buchanan

been here awhile
I need the part numbers for the tailwheel spring rod and the fitting on the end of the rod that accepts the fork. I think this will probably be common to all the tailwheel RVs.

My old RV-6 drawings only show the non-swivel version and I haven't been able to track these down in The List on Vans site.

Update: I found similar items on the Flyboy Accessories site but would still like to have the Vans numbers.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Spring rod #fsts635-1 Desc:full swivel tail spring
End that accepts fork#wd-101 Desc:fstw mount base

From my RV-7 plans DWG 27
Hope this helps.

Unless you plan to match drill the spring yourself, don't order from "The List" on Van's site. At least for the RV8, the predrilled spring is only in an assembly (mount, spring, fork) that is not on "The List." I found out the hard way. If you order from Van's, best to call them and have them walk you through ordering the correct part. I see that Vince also sells the spring; don't know if his is already drilled or which forks fit. Regardless, best to ask to be sure you get what you want.

Ours are not predrilled as they are mainly intended for repairing misdrilled parts, or for fixing other boo-boos.

However, we can certainly predrill the mounting socket to the spring if you tell us when ordering. You'd still need to drill the internal 1/4" hole to the weldment inside the fuselage though.

Anyway, we try to do what we can, if we know in advance!

Back