What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Program Letter

Gerald Clabots

Would any 12 builder have a copy of your program letter in word that you would be willing to email to me that I could rework for my 12?

Also would anyone have a excel spredsheet for the W & B that I could plug my numbers in for different loadings of my 12? If so could email me a copy..

Thanks in advance
Gerry

I can only help you with a W&B sheet. Excel sheet is secured with "RV12". Two versions (you have to download it first before you can enter your own numbers):

Metric system

Imperial system

Schermafbeelding%25202014-10-17%2520om%252010.33.02.png

Last edited:
Would any 12 builder have a copy of your program letter in word that you would be willing to email to me that I could rework for my 12?

Also would anyone have a excel spredsheet for the W & B that I could plug my numbers in for different loadings of my 12? If so could email me a copy..

Thanks in advance
Gerry

PM me your e-mail address and will send the MS Word document as an attachment.

Your DAR will probably want several wt and bal calculations - the ones provided by Van's are not going to cover the bill.

They will want most forward and most aft CG solutions shown using FAA figures (170 lbs for pax/pilot are standard FAR 43 wts....), full gross wt loading, and your loading solution for your first flight.

Here is an excellent article on what the DAR is looking for (BTW - pilots and mx types think about wt/bal differently)

http://www.sportaviationspecialties.com/May_07_%20Wt_&_Bal_for_E-LSA.pdf

I'm a bit late to the party as I was travelling with my -12 through Arizona the past week. In case you still need an ELSA program letter for the RV-12, check out this link and get the Word document linked from there: About the program letter

Does anyone have an updated W&B spreadsheet for the RV-12iS that could share?
Also, are the "Program Letters" still the same, like the ones posted in this Thread?

Thanks!!
A

RV-12iS
(completed, waiting for DAR)

Back