What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric pitch trim wire length RV7A

bizpilot

Hi all, the wires on the pitch trim motor are only 6 inches long. How long do I need them after I connect them to a CPC inside the elevator. I believe the 3 control wires may need to be long enough to reach to a controller on the panel, (could I use 1, 3 conductor shielded wire for that) ? But the 2 power wires could be shorter connecting to power for the tail nav. Light? What?s the consensus out there.
Thanks
Bob Bisbee
RV7A

You have two power wires, they reverse polarity to reverse direction of the servo. This is a function of the trim switch.

The three wires are for the position indicator.

attachment.php

http://www.rayallencompany.com/RACmedia/instructionsT2andT3.pdf

Last edited:
Dedicated circuit

Hi all, the wires on the pitch trim motor are only 6 inches long. How long do I need them after I connect them to a CPC inside the elevator. I believe the 3 control wires may need to be long enough to reach to a controller on the panel, (could I use 1, 3 conductor shielded wire for that) ? But the 2 power wires could be shorter connecting to power for the tail nav. Light? What?s the consensus out there.
Thanks
Bob Bisbee
RV7A

I want something that important on a dedicated circuit.

Back