What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prepping for Interior Painti w/ Jetflex WR

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
I?m getting ready to paint my interior with Jetflex WR. Most of my parts are primed with Akzo. I?m wondering if there are any suggestions before I start. My plan is to just go over all the surfaces with maroon scotchbrite, and then wipe it down with lacquer thinner. Do I need to prep the plastic Naca vents? Any suggestions about the prep or painting process would be helpful.

I’m getting ready to paint my interior with Jetflex WR. Most of my parts are primed with Akzo. I’m wondering if there are any suggestions before I start. My plan is to just go over all the surfaces with maroon scotchbrite, and then wipe it down with lacquer thinner. Do I need to prep the plastic Naca vents? Any suggestions about the prep or painting process would be helpful.

That's exactly what I did over the same Akzo primer, but wiped it down with acetone after the maroon scotchbrite. Lacquer thinner should be fine too...:)

The plastic NACA vents should be OK with the same process.

That's all I did as well. I've found that once it's fully dried, JetFlex WR is really tough stuff and even sticks well to some surfaces that aren't so well-prepared.

Dave

Any experience over rattle can etch primers assuming the surfaces are once again lightly scuffed and cleaned?

Primer wash

My quick build kit came with that primer wash....or whatever it?s called. Do I need an additional primer on top of that or just scuff that wash primer up with the maroon S.B. as mentioned above and apply the Jet-Flex directly to that?

Back