What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Holes in fuselage

koda2

Well Known Member
Finally getting around to finishing some wiring.
The main holes for wiring going to the wing root have not been made.

My kit was old enough that in those days, Van's recommended holes at the top of the wing corner instead of the bottom as they now show. So that's where I put them in the wing.

Tried to find pixs to see if anyone put the holes in the fuselage to match, somewhere close to the X below, but couldn't find any.

final%20holesmark.jpg

Any contraindications to running wiring here?

Dave A.
6A build

You might think about bringing them out in front of the spar, things get really tight in the middle as you try to route everything forward.

wing root wiring, -6A

Dave,

Lots of ways to do it; here's what I did that has worked for me. I routed most everything under the main longerons and then down to seat pan for PTT wires and antenna, with everything else coming down into seat pan floor behind the seat and then forward under the floor. Wingtip strobe light cables came forward from behind baggage compartment under the floor and out side (grey cables seen in pictures below). These aren't "final" install pictures....cables running through the lightening holes were later protected with clamps and/or edge protectors on holes passed through.

Photos below give idea, and more pictures available at these two pages:

http://rv6aproject.ckhand.com/panelAndElectrical/electrical/electricalPg7.htm

http://rv6aproject.ckhand.com/panelAndElectrical/electrical/electricalPg4.htm

passenger side:

electrical015.JPG

Pilot side, above floor, aft of seat:

electrical016.JPG

Pilot side, under seat pan:

ElectricalWiring02.JPG

Passenger side, under seat pan:

ElectricalWiring04.JPG

Hi Chris,

I love your wiring labelling technique; ingenious, I may have to borrow that!

Regards,

Quentin.

Pictures

Chris,
Thanks for uploading the pictures. I have incorporated some of your ideas already. Still have a bit of a problem as my roll servo is in the way of some wires but I think I have a solution.

Dave A.
6A build

Back