What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ultimate Gust Lock

N282S

Well Known Member
Gust lock review.

I don?t generally leave reviews. We all pretty much know what we like and what we don?t. But, then there are times when you just have to pass on your personal experience.

For the last two years I have used my lap belt to lock the elevator and sort of ? not really lock the ailerons. For the rudders, I used a ?T? shaped thing made from pvc pipe. The rudder lock worked but it was long and not the easiest thing to stow. The lap belt also worked but for some reason, I just didn?t like seeing the elevators always sticking up. Two months ago I purchased AntiSplatAero?s Ultimate Gust Lock. I generally like what I see coming from this company and again this item looked good. After viewing his video, three things immediately caught my attention. First, there is no way you are going to takeoff without first removing this lock. Two, it locks all three surfaces with one item. And, three ? all that anodized aluminum is just a thing of beauty! After one weeks wait, the ups guy hands me the box. With gust lock in hand I hopped in my seven. It did take me quite a bit of fiddling before I was able to get it setup and installed correctly. Howafter, about the forth time I used it, the installation became a snap. It locks the rudder and elevator up very tight and the aileron, although mine is not tight, it is tight enough. When not in use, it folds up into a small package that is easy to stow just about anywhere. With this item, there is just no more reason to let your control surfaces flop around in the wind. Good show, Alan.

I second this review. You stop the engine and before you stand up, all of your control systems are secured! Small, light, effective and well made.

Just fit the Ultimate Gust Lock in my 9 and it works great. Took just 10 minutes to determine the correct fit after watching the video. Highly recommend:)

agree

I am at 25 hr in phase 1 thinking about my first cross country and was double checking this gust lock tonight and I think it is going to be good. there is enough force on the controls to prevent damage and it's secure when you leave the cockpit. installed the same as in post 1.

Back