What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun n Fun day 1 - Tuesday

Ed_Wischmeyer

Well Known Member
At the 8:30 AM press briefing, it was announced that the number of planes already on the field is about the same as Thursdays in years past. Lots of type clubs are expecting record numbers.

At the 8:30 AM press briefing, it was announced that the number of planes already on the field is about the same as Thursdays in years past. Lots of type clubs are expecting record numbers.

Aren't people usually heading out around Thursday? This sounds like a fishy data point :)

Aren't people usually heading out around Thursday? This sounds like a fishy data point :)

I think there are a lot of people looking for an outlet. They have been cooped up for a year and the opportunity to attend a big outdoor event is very attractive. I think SnF will do fine this year and Oshkosh will be gangbusters.

I agree. I'm suggesting that they are comparing Tuesday's numbers which I suspect are usually the highest for fly-ins with Thursday's numbers which I thought were usually lower? I can't seem to find historical data to compare though.

Today’s weather was perfect— not a cloud in the sky. I had access to a golf cart so went ahead and grabbed a couple of cases of 20W-50 oil and ran them to my truck. I thought the crowds were pretty good sized for Sun-n-Fun, being the first day and all.

Wish I was there...... only second time in about 15 years i haven't been there :(

Enjoy and anyone passing E-Mag booth say to brad - Mike says Hi !!!!

OSH

I can't make SNF, sadly, but I'm going to be at OSH if I have to crawl there.

I think there are a lot of people looking for an outlet. They have been cooped up for a year and the opportunity to attend a big outdoor event is very attractive. I think SnF will do fine this year and Oshkosh will be gangbusters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t take many pics, but here are a few

Attachments

• ABFAC1BE-0C2C-4E12-A577-DEAF91C797AF.jpeg
    ABFAC1BE-0C2C-4E12-A577-DEAF91C797AF.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 82
  • 7004F4B7-3BCA-487A-A4A9-38C44E8ADE99.jpg
    7004F4B7-3BCA-487A-A4A9-38C44E8ADE99.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 69A85405-4060-44D6-AFF4-6F471F428DAC.jpeg
    69A85405-4060-44D6-AFF4-6F471F428DAC.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 0DC4FBE4-4FCD-4AE9-BF63-A8B211F68028.jpeg
    0DC4FBE4-4FCD-4AE9-BF63-A8B211F68028.jpeg
    702.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Didn’t take many pics, but here are a few

I was over by Air Ops when the C-17 was doing it’s demo. The commentary/narration was absolutely brutal. Cheese overload with some downright incorrect “factoids”. Is it a “freighter” or a “fighter” kind of stuff -har har. Thankfully I was out of earshot of the PA system pretty quick.

I was over by Air Ops when the C-17 was doing it’s demo. The commentary/narration was absolutely brutal. Cheese overload with some downright incorrect “factoids”. Is it a “freighter” or a “fighter” kind of stuff. Thankfully I was out of earshot of the PA system pretty quick.

The commentary was horrendous for the whole show, but that’s typical.

Hi all. Kill the COVID slash govs slash needle talk.

Read the rules please and follow them.

Had to delete some posts in this thread. NO discussion of governments and mask/covid choices/opinions. Help keep this the only place online that doesn't go off the rails. Please!

Thanks.

Last edited:
I agree this year's first day was less busy than previous. The food vendors had NO lines. The hangars had lots of walking room. That said, all my GA buddies have told me they are showing up later in the week for one reason or another. Here is a minute and a half video of our arrival.

https://youtu.be/hPuCa1SLleM

yesterday was a day of fun n the sun. nice breeze with a bunch of the big hitters not there. still a great event. with both aircraft down I hope to get both fixed today and fly the rv there Thursday. the old experimental parking area is gone. :( drove the challenger there yesterday and filled the trunk with oil. :)

I agree this year's first day was less busy than previous. The food vendors had NO lines. The hangars had lots of walking room. That said, all my GA buddies have told me they are showing up later in the week for one reason or another. Here is a minute and a half video of our arrival.

https://youtu.be/hPuCa1SLleM
Hate to be the one to tell you, but I think you landed on a taxiway! :D

Cool video!

Back