What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New video - cameras on a RV

Cool tips!

Thanks for the video Steve. Very helpful. Where did you get those flat things with the 1/4-20 threads?

Does the gopro in front of the windscreen bother you when flying? Have you tried just putting it on the glarescreen?

I'm thinking about some strategic use of cameras during the testing phase to look for any anomalies. Just ordered some very cheap gopro clones to see if they will do the job.

Lots of the aerobatic aircraft I've seen just use the stickers and seem happy with the results, but I have to agree that I would feel more comfortable with screws.

Its a clickbond product. I buy all these from The Flight Shop

Metal base stud with 1/4-20 thread

I don't notice the GoPro in flight. I have had it on glareshield with adhesive mount. I prefer it a bit further away and canopy reflection is cool when doing aeros.

Thanks for the video Steve. Very helpful. Where did you get those flat things with the 1/4-20 threads?

Does the gopro in front of the windscreen bother you when flying? Have you tried just putting it on the glarescreen?

I'm thinking about some strategic use of cameras during the testing phase to look for any anomalies. Just ordered some very cheap gopro clones to see if they will do the job.

Lots of the aerobatic aircraft I've seen just use the stickers and seem happy with the results, but I have to agree that I would feel more comfortable with screws.

Very nice video, Steve. I'm still figuring out the best camera locations for my trip. This helps.

Hey

Happy New Year Steve.
I clicked on some of your other vids. Nice job.
Love the hangar and beauty old chev pick up too.

Been a while, hope all is well and have a great 2020.

Back