What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replacing Wingtip Lights

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
I am replacing Aeroflash with Aveo wingtip lights. The wingtip holes from the old lights are too large for the new lights to cover them. Is this going to be a major fiberglass project, or is there an easier way to do this?

If the -7 wing tips will fit, I have a set of new -7 tips with FLYLEDS "The Works" light kit installed. Sale would include all wire harnesses, tail strobe, etc. Email me directly for pictures.

Howdy Jim; email sent.

Karetaker, why are you selling ?The Works?? I thought that combo would be the best out there? I?m too far from needing lights yet, but I was thinking ?the works? and maybe even their ?7stars? in the leading edge for overkill...

I am replacing Aeroflash with Aveo wingtip lights. The wingtip holes from the old lights are too large for the new lights to cover them. Is this going to be a major fiberglass project, or is there an easier way to do this?

I just did this project a couple of months ago, replaced my Whelen nav/strobes with Aveo LEDs. It wasn?t a huge job to take the wingtips off, lay up a few layers of glass over the holes, sand and repaint. My stash of West System epoxy from building was long gone, so I bought this small batch epoxy from West Marine;

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-system--six10-thickened-epoxy-adhesive--10287571?recordNum=20

One tube should do the job for a few layers of glass. I sorta dreaded the job as I?m pretty lazy, but this wasn?t a big deal.

I just did this project a couple of months ago, replaced my Whelen nav/strobes with Aveo LEDs. It wasn?t a huge job to take the wingtips off, lay up a few layers of glass over the holes, sand and repaint. My stash of West System epoxy from building was long gone, so I bought this small batch epoxy from West Marine;

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-system--six10-thickened-epoxy-adhesive--10287571?recordNum=20

One tube should do the job for a few layers of glass. I sorta dreaded the job as I?m pretty lazy, but this wasn?t a big deal.

Thank you, John. I've never done fiberglass work before, but maybe this can be an intro to it for me.

I just did this as well and basically mimicked what John did. I used some flox to fill just a small portion of the hole though as i still needed the hole for the wires, just didn't need it as large. Hardest part about the entire thing is that there is fiberglass showing under the lights now. Not very noticeable but still there so back to the paint shop at some point to tough up those areas.

Back