What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mounting of new-style AFP Boost Pump

jwyatt

Well Known Member
I'm looking into changing out boost pumps, and going with either the EFII module, or the new-style (similar to the EFII) Airflow Performance pump from Don. The EFII site has plenty of photos, and mounting is straightforward with the provided fixtures, but the overall length looks greater, and it is twice the price. Does anyone have pictures of a completed install of the new style Airflow pump on a side-by-side RV? I'm curious how you've gone about securing it to the floor...I'm thinking a pair of Adel clamps around the pump body, but the clearance between the pump and regulator looks rather tight.

150ab49c-f9ef-4df9-a64a-9fb08d561c2a_zps71723f5a.jpg

(photo borrowed from Don's announcement post)

We may be waiting a little while

I'm also curious about the mounting. Also is this the complete package or if there is still a filter that is needed. Total pump/filter package cost? I haven't done all my homework on this new package yet. I'll be going with the new AFP pump as well. To much history and knowledge from AFP to ignore. I'm currently working on the fuse and this will come soon. I don't think there will be many pictures available yet. This product just started going out in production in Oct (IIRC). We may need to sit on it a few months before seeing more than just a few installs.

Fuel pump install

Just retro- fitted this system- I'll try to post pix soon. I used hose clamps, van's mounting plate and some rubber hose to insulate filter and pump. The filter is required and separate.

Here are some pictures of my installation. I also posted this in another thread. No modification of VANS cover required. I am not flying yet but I have had everything hooked up with no issues.
ldEDOi.jpg

wVDCy2.jpg

a3tfkk.jpg

1YlWoi.jpg

Tom from TS flight lines made the fuel lines. Tom is awesome and highly recommended.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I thought I'd put it here for better search-ability.

I mounted all the components inline and extended the center cover upward. I wanted to get rid of the doghouse.

On the pump, one of the Adel clamps fits easily. With the other, I cut off a section of the rubber insulator so the clamp could squeeze between the motor and the bypass assembly.

I mounted the pump to 1/8" x 1" flat stock with countersunk screws. The stock will be secured to the floor with ProSeal and rivets. The filter has its own foam-lined cradle made of aluminum U-channel.

Last edited:
fuel pump in new manifold?

Is the new fuel pump the same as the old one?

As you can see, mine is a disaster

IMG_20160108_193349.jpg

If it's possible, I'd like to put the old pump and filter into the new streamlined package. I'll call Don or Vans Monday, but in the meantime, does anyone know?

Thanks
Chris

Back