What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introduction

pilot10011

I'm New Here
Hello VAF,

My name is Brian and I’m from the St. Louis, MO area. I’ve been lurking around here for a long time and finally bought the RV8 empennage and practice kits last week. I have no aircraft building experience and have yet to even fly in an 8. I am hoping my trip to Oshkosh this year will change all of that. I am also going to visit my local EAA chapters in the coming weeks to start tapping their knowledge. Flying wise, I work for a fractional operator and have experience at the airlines, corporate, and instructing. Regretfully, I have zero tail dragger time. I DO have an incredibly wonderful wife who has agreed to let me take on this project and two kids. If anyone has any further questions let me know. I’m eagerly looking forward to spending countless more hours on this page and meeting some of you at the Oshkosh Beer Fest. Thanks.

-Brian

Last edited:
Welcome Brian

Brian,

Welcome, to VAF.
I fly an RV8 and always glad to have more company in that kind of RV.
Please give me a visit if you lay over in the DFW area. I am at Hicks T67 north of Mecham Airfield KFTW. Several RV8s going together here now.
Find me in Averys Tool Booth, building C, at Oshkosh.

Last edited:
Brian,

Welcome to VAF! I spent four years in the Navy in St Charles, and my younger son was born there. I have great memories of the place.

You're in for a great experience as you begin building. There's lots to learn, but it comes quick and there's plenty of help available at your EAA chapter and here on VAF.

I'll be at OshKosh with my RV-7 in homebuilt camping. Maybe we'll run into each other.

Welcome Brian...

It's long but greatly rewarding road in many ways. I'm glad you're joining us on it.

Phil

Welcome

Welcome aboard. I am a few hours South of you, but the company I work for is there at Spirit, and I make it to St. Louis pretty frequently.

Good luck with the build.

Back