What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

toggle switch sizes

tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
I am looking for a toggle switch (SPST) to operate my back up battery. I ran out of pre drilled spaces on my panel for 15/32 size toggle switches, but I have a couple of .45 holes for circuit breakers.

If I could find a toggle switch that will fit into that hole it will make the project a bit easier. I googled and did a search here but could not find such a switch.

Does anyone know of such a switch? In the alternative, where did you put your switch for your backup battery, if not on the panel. Finding a good alternate location would accomplish the same purpose for me.

Am I missreading something?

Since 15/32 (0.46875) is larger than .45, why not just drill the holes out to 15/32?

drill it out

Mel,

I can do that although the keeper hole would no longer be located in the correct place and I don't want to risk buggering up the nice new carbon fiber fronting on my panel.

Last edited:
You would only be removing .0094 of material.

.46875 minus .45 equals .01875 (dia) divided by 2 (radius) equals .009375 mat'l to be removed. Surely your "keeper" notch is at least .063.

thats probably what I will do

Mel,

Thats probably the route that I will take. I was over thinking the issue. Thanks for helping me think it through.

Back