What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another (simple) Arduino project

BigD

Well Known Member
Decided on a project for myself to help learn about micro controllers. Nothing cosmic like LiDAR or a DIY EFIS, though. My field (33M) does not have any weather reporting; this thing uses a temp/pressure/humidiy sensor and user input elevation to calculate the local altimeter, DA, and report the temp and humidity. Need to clean up code, figure out a form factor/case, and think of next project...maybe figure out how to make it transmit this stuff?

2uhsbk1.jpg

Thanks to other tinkerers on the forum for unintentionally spurring me on.

==dave==
N102FM

Nice. Now make it show ceilings and vis.

I l$$ked into instruments for this on my station.....then backed out.

You're right about that - the only way to 'guess' a cloud layer would be mathematically, with temp/humidity/lapse rate. Winds should be easy, if necessary. Funny you answered, as I was going back and forth between Arduino and 3D printing, but I chickened out - figured the cost and learning curve would be shallower with micro controllers. Like me.

==dave==
N102FM

Radio for Arduino clone

Some Arduino clones have tiny FCC-approved radios with 10mi line-of-sight range.

Google: Seeedstudio LoRaWAN Grove.

The Seeedstudio board seems to have everything you need for
- ground-based sensors & transmitter
- battery-powered receiver/display in your plane.

Arduino, radio, connectors, battery manager, plug-in sensors, display, code, wiki, forum - lots of good stuff.

Bo

Back