What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DIY Spark Plug Tray

BigD

Well Known Member
This turned out OK:

opcy3d.jpg

and inexpensive. You 3D printer guys ought to come up with version...

==dave==
N102FM

Cigar Box

Nice! How did you attach the PVC couplings to the wood? Here's my cigar box version. It ain't pretty but it works:

0RT5I8.jpg

Nice! How did you attach the PVC couplings to the wood?

Those aren't couplings, they are Tees, and I'm betting he glued a cross-piece in between the two sides, so he has 2 Tees with the "bull-head" glued together then captured between the top and bottom wood pieces. A very nice use of plumbing fittings to make a useful tool.

He did make a grammatical error though; He forgot the "S" on the number 6 plug position. It should read "U-P-P-E-R-S". I presume the other side says: "L-O-W-E-R-S" for uniformity ;-)

~Marc

Last edited:
Marc has it right; wish I'd thought of adding the s to upper and lower. For uniformity, my CDO* required the letters to appear on the same pairs of tees. The glue was the most expensive part, although probably not required. At first I tried weaving them together with 550 cord, then using cable ties, but in both instances it was a little floppy. It'd be cool to try a steampunk version, but I need to learn how to solder copper and it would jack the price up.

*CDO =OCD in proper alphabetical order.

--Dave--

I dunno, you could add the S to "upper", then add it to the beginning o the word "Lower". It would read Slower.... Nah, never mind. OCD rules!

-Marc

Cool tool

This turned out OK:

opcy3d.jpg

and inexpensive. You 3D printer guys ought to come up with version...

==dave==
N102FM

Dave,
I like it, and be flattered.
I'm adopting it to my bird.

Daddyman
Dues compliant 2016

Back