What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My trip to Branson MO

Looks like a good trip. Nice blog site too. Especially liked the story about alternator going out and replacing it. Nice to be able to use the auto parts alternator and get back in the air.

Love the first picture. i learned to fly at PLK when i was in college there back in the 90s. It was 3,600' back then. Later, I got my multi in a Baron there and built up a couple hundred hours of multi time between flying it and mooching trips in the right seat of the school's C-340

Dr. M. Graham Clark (the namesake of the airport) was still alive back then and I got to fly him around a bit as well.

Great memories.

Last edited:
Will be in Branson in late February. Which airport and FBO did you use? I have an RV9A, just got signed off on BFR and transition training, not sure if we are going to fly or drive.

Will be in Branson in late February. Which airport and FBO did you use? I have an RV9A, just got signed off on BFR and transition training, not sure if we are going to fly or drive.

You’re not sure whether to drive or fly????? Brother I fly mine to walmart! I absolutely recommend flying there! Beautiful

The roads around there are as crooked as a bucket of snakes and there's the lake to contend with if you land on the wrong side of it. Pick the airport thats closest to where you're going.

PLK
BBG
FWB

I flew into KPLK

I flew into KPLK. $10 overnight fee. I had someone pick me up and drop me off.
Last time I was there, a few years ago, I rented a car right there.

Don’t rule out the “R” airports either, lots of friendly folks.

Back