What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fitting aft bulkhead to HS

Mark Henderson

Well Known Member
Today I finished the aft bulkhead but did not have time to try fitting it. I did use a dial caliper to measure to get an idea as to what combination of washers to use. The bearing is .570" and the bracket is .656". This gives me a .086 "gap. The AN960-416L washers are .032" thick. In theory at least if I use one on each side of the bearing I will have .022" of slop. Is this acceptable? The only other option is to use a AN960-416 and a AN960-416L which total .095" . Which is the better combination? Thanks

Mark,

Cannot tell you which is better but can tell you what I ended up with. Right inboard of bearing - 416. Right outboard of bearing - 416L. Left inboard of bearing - 416L. Left outboard of bearing 416. This arrangement seemed to center all the best. I did not have the clearance for a 416 on each side of the bearing.

I know this is a really old post but having the same question. Is it acceptable to have some lateral play in the bearing? The larger washer won't fit. I really need a washer the size in between. I could sand it down but would remove the the protective coating. I would appreciate some input, thanks.

Back