What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop governor bracket for 0-540

TrueAirSpeed

Well Known Member
Any RV-10 builders know the Vans part number for the prop governor bracket that goes on a I/0-540 widedeck engine with a MT governor? If so, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I thought the 10 baffling kit included materials for a gov mount under the front baffle shelf?

Larry

There isn?t a governor bracket for the RV-10 (only Van?s kit with a 540). The cable passes through a grommet the throttle bracket, attaches to an aluminum bracket below the left front baffle and finally passes up through a grommet in the left front baffle to attach to the governor arm. That said, I know that there are a few -10s out there that passed the cable over the top of the engine and used some sort of bracket at the governor. That config is non-standard however.

Any RV-10 builders know the Vans part number for the prop governor bracket that goes on a I/0-540 widedeck engine with a MT governor? If so, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
The governor mounts directly onto the engine.
RV10_Plans_secFF1-pg04.jpg

Off The Shelf Bracket

There is at least one bracket for over the top installation that I am aware of. Take a look at the first post on the thread below for one. Though not yet flying I have one of these to install on my Hartzell governor. During the cowl fit up it was easy to install. I have not yet installed the cable. There seems to be some disagreement in posts as to whether the longer arm mentioned in the remainder of the thread is needed or not. Hopefully this helps.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=143517&highlight=show+planes+governor+bracket

I used the Show Planes bracket on my RV-10 to run the cable over the top of the engine, since I couldn't run it from below due to installing an air conditioner compressor in that location. This bracket has enough holes that I was able to set it at a low angle that doesn't interfere with the top cowl. Had to run the fuel injection line through the center opening on the bracket to fit that bracket installation at a low angle.

Back