What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Dynon Roll Servo question

GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
I have an issue with roll slip indication. It happens 50% of the time as the AP starts the turn, this happens in calm or turbulent conditions. The torque setting is at 100 and I've played with sensitivity. The plane has the Dynon SV42 servo for roll. There is no slop in the system. Does anyone else see the same issue? I can put the SV52 in for additional torque but wanted to hear if anyone else has had issues. The pitch servo has been perfect.

Also installed the AP Panel, the auto trim is a very nice feature.

Gary

3+ years with the Dynon SV-42 servo for roll (RV-10) and never had a slip indication. Did you connect to the outer arm attach point? Unless you have some kind of binding issue the SV-42 should work well.

Dynon did replace (free of charge) my original SV-42 pitch servo with the SV-42T when I got a few slip indications in rough air. Never had a slip issue with the 42T.

Carl

I've never had any trouble with all default settings. I cant think of anything helpful to suggest if you have already followed the Dynon auto pilot tuning document. May be time to reach out and ask Dynon Support.

Back