What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Highest time RV-10? (other than Van's factory!)

TrutrakTech

Well Known Member
Just a fun little question. Who out there has the highest time RV-10? I know the factory is probably pretty high up there. Trutrak's RV-10 has just crested 1700 hours. Anyone else close?

Great thread!

It might also be very interesting to hear along with the Total Time what non-typical maintenance items were encountered. For example, not: 'changed tires every 250 hours' type of thing but more like: 'at 1000 hours the nose gear bolt hole needed reaming and sized up one bolt size'.

I have 1185 on the Hobbs of N519RV (RV-10). It was finished in May of 2006.

Some of the things I have replaced so far for maintenance are:
Engine Driven Fuel Pump
Replaced Van's Alternator with Plane N Power one
Replaced pilot side vertical hinge, eyelets worn through and fell off
Replaced stock aluminum lines down the gear legs with flex lines because of leak.

Thanks

Ray Doerr

Maintenance

I missed the second part of the request. Here's what I've done:

• Matco wheels and brakes
  • replaced slick magneto with impulse coupling
  • replaced all Lightspeed coils due to one failing
  • replaced lightspeed ignition wires every 400 hours
  • generated the nosewheel SB :)
  • panel upgrade

Vic

What we have done to our 10...

Matco wheels and brakes 2013
Lots of tires and brakes (before Matco)
Fiberglass around windows began cracking, had to rework and paint top half 2014
Been through two mags and one electronic ignition
Replaced alternator (at Osh 2014)
Replaced starter (twice) some years ago
Replaced door struts several times (and need to again)
Might or might not have had some unnamed person (NOT ME OR LUCAS) not get a door latched, so that had to be put back together put back on the aircraft. This occurred in the early years before the warning light SB. :)
Prop hub overhaul 2010
Complete injection system overhaul 2015
New panel (to be done 2015)
Recover front seats 2015
Had main gear leg socket looseness issue 2010

She flies almost daily and has been all over the country many times. We have never had any major airframe issues. My only ongoing complaint is that ours still runs warmer than I would like and we continually chase this small problem. I also wish that we had a fancy air conditioner like Alex D! In addition to being the main TT test aircraft, it's the ole family truckster too. My kids have been flying with me all over country since before they were born. In fact, at one Osh not long ago, we had four people with full baggage and one little guy that was only a month from being born :)

Best all around aircraft I could imagine.

Last edited:
Back