What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport Products Rocker Switches

sblair

Received and wired, then bench tested, the new rocker switches from Aerosport Products. These are sweet! Very clear graphics and a top quality switch. I chose blue back-lighting on everything. Easy to make these conform to your mission with all the different contact options. I chose to have the bottom symbol only illuminate when the switch is on for positive confirmation. Both the top and bottom are on a shared dimmer. Makes it nice for evening to dark adjustment. Very easy to get a few customized rocker covers as well. Can you spot them? BTW...hard to photograph with my phone, these are even more brilliant in person.

Very happy....as always....with Geoff and his team. Terrific support and quality products.

FP27112018A0002I.jpg

FP27112018A0002J.jpg

FP27112018A0002K.jpg

Andrew,

Sure appreciate your help, too! Yes...cannot wait to get these in my carbon panel (also Aerosport Products). Will be sharp!

Aerosport Products is now offering new rocker switches!!!

Our ASP Aero Switches are a TRUE DPST with 2 independent LEDS
Colors offered are BLUE, GREEN, RED and WHITE

Each switch comes laser etched with any of the designs in the image below.
When power is provided to the switch (Master Batt on) the upper LED of the switch will illuminate the upper part of the rocker showing the image of that switches function. When the switch is activated (pushed forward) the lower LED will illuminate the lower part of the rocker giving you positive confirmation that your switches function is now activated. You can also choose your lower rocker design from our designated list.
And if you don?t see anything you like, we can always create a custom design.
The switches and rockers are not available on our site yet, but will be soon.
http://www.aerosportproducts.com
lit%20switches-XL.jpg

dark%20switches-XL.jpg

Aerosport%20Switch%20Graphics%20%28002%29-XL.jpg

Received and wired, then bench tested, the new rocker switches from Aerosport Products. ]

Please put those red switches far away from the others! Don't want to accidentally bump off the avionics master when turning off (or on) pitot heat. Unless you like "excitement"...

I think i'd want my Fuel Pump switch (a) red and (b) far away from the lights, master, alternator, etc. so I didn't hit it by mistake.

Otherwise, these look really great, and are already tailored to my use, unlike the Carling switches I was originally considering. Good to know!

The ones on the website didn?t look nearly as nice as yours. Are yours custom, or maybe the website photos are out of date?

These are new/different than those pictured on Geoff's website. Very easy to get standard rockers he posted...and/or have custom rockers etched.

Yes they should work

Thanks Geoff... this is the big breakthrough over almost all of the other Carling Contura switch body providers -

Our ASP Aero Switches are a TRUE DPST with 2 independent LEDS
Colors offered are BLUE, GREEN, RED and WHITE

Getting DPST with independent LEDs is almost impossible, and getting a color choice too...:)

Makes the VPX hook-ups trivial - no diodes needed. From a previous posting of mine -

ot4.jpg

If you are not a VPX user, then pin 2 goes to 12V positive instead of ground and the switched load goes to pin 3

Now I just need to decide which colors to get from you. :)

Last edited:
Dimensions

Geoff,

I currently have an older version of Carling switches in my panel. I'd like to retrofit to these. Are they the standard dimensions of the Carling switches?

Do you have a spec sheet on the dimensions?

Thanks,

We have a new website getting ready to go online. The new switches are on the new site. We do still offer the old style switches.

Geoff,

I currently have an older version of Carling switches in my panel. I'd like to retrofit to these. Are they the standard dimensions of the Carling switches?

Do you have a spec sheet on the dimensions?

Thanks,
Darwin they will fit the Contura switch hole or bezels. Same dimensions if that is what you have.

Can they be separated into individual switches?

I really like the look but strongly believe that switches should be separated by function and spaced so you don't accidentally turn on or off a switch at an in opportune time.

For example, the switch for my interior lights is way over on the right side of the panel where I can't possibly hit it by mistake and my flap switch is to the right of the throttle quadrant where i can toggle it with my finger while my hand rests on the throttle.

Bill,

The set I've purchased has bezels that dovetail together, so you can create a row of however many switches you like. The middle bezels are dovetailed on both sides, while the end bezels are dovetailed on only one side to finish the row. I'm pretty sure there are also stand alone bezels (no dovetails) available (Geoff?) that will allow you to install a single switch.

Bill,

The set I've purchased has bezels that dovetail together, so you can create a row of however many switches you like. The middle bezels are dovetailed on both sides, while the end bezels are dovetailed on only one side to finish the row. I'm pretty sure there are also stand alone bezels (no dovetails) available (Geoff?) that will allow you to install a single switch.

Thanks!

I'll keep those in mind for panel version 3.0.

Can they be separated into individual switches?

I really like the look but strongly believe that switches should be separated by function and spaced so you don't accidentally turn on or off a switch at an in opportune time.

For example, the switch for my interior lights is way over on the right side of the panel where I can't possibly hit it by mistake and my flap switch is to the right of the throttle quadrant where i can toggle it with my finger while my hand rests on the throttle.

Yes they can be used as individual switches anywhere with or without the bezels.

Back