What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Outstanding Painter

RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
83AE92D8-49E4-4B33-A1C1-7FAA6404CBCE.jpg
I just got my 8 back from a shop by Greensboro NC and wanted to give him a huge thumbs up. My 8 is 20 years old and has ver 3200 hours with 9 years of airshows under her belt. While I didn’t want a complete paint job I really needed to spruce her up. My old team mate on Team Aerodynamix Leggs keeps his 8 at 3A4, Southeast Greensboro airport and had Mike Ibe do some paint work for him and was also very pleased with his job. I sent Mike a bunch of photos of what I wanted done and he promptly replied with a quote that I was happy with and we scheduled it. Now the list was long. Lots of chips around cowl, both top, bottom and where it meets the fuse. Both cockpit rails and fuselage edge. Windscreen bow and along fuse where it meets, gear legs, a fist size patch on vertical stab from rain erosion, leading edge chips..the list goes on. Nothing really bad from 20 feet, just showing her age.
Less than 2 weeks later Mike calls and says she ready and while he’s got her how about ceramic coating..
When he opened the hangar door I was astounded by his work. He hit everything I mentioned and then said, well, while I’m at it there were a few other spots I thought you’d like done. Matching colors is an art and he’s an artist. My 8 looks like new and shines like a new dime.
I just met Mike through Len and have no connection other than being a very satisfied customer. If you need anything from a touchup on up to a paint job I highly recommend him. He’s excited to get into the RV community.
His contact info is
Plane Perfection
Mike Ibe
336-406-5156
[email protected]
mikeib22 at gmail.com
He’s busy but works hard to accommodate you.
If you want a higher quote tell him Widget recommended him!!

Below are some before pictures of what he had to fix.

Attachments

• N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_29.jpg
    N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_29.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 257
  • N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_12.jpg
    N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_12.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 237
  • N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_34.jpg
    N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_34.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 214
  • N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_21.jpg
    N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_21.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 256
  • N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_17.jpg
    N8JL Jerry Morris RV8_17.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
A couple more photos of Mikes work.

Attachments

• F410A32D-06B6-43F2-9C96-64A4832B1FD0.jpg
    F410A32D-06B6-43F2-9C96-64A4832B1FD0.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 31628DB3-248C-47AE-9A61-BE385D4DC395.jpg
    31628DB3-248C-47AE-9A61-BE385D4DC395.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 292
Great Paint Shop

My -8A comes out of Mike's paint shop this weekend. I have been checking the daily progress and it is quite exciting to see how good the plane can look again! Like Widget's my plane first flew in 2002 with paint in 2003. It just needed some love to have that like new shine again. Please call Mike ... you won't be disappointed. I will post pics early next wek.

awesome paint

i took widget to pick up his airplaneafter his touch up. the airplanelooks like it got a complete paint job. this guys work is outstanding!

Nice work. I just got mine out of Cascade Paint in Bend. Can anyone point me how to post pics? It wants a URL address. They are on my phone

...Can anyone point me how to post pics? It wants a URL address. They are on my phone

Click the paperclip icon (to the right of the smiley face emoji). A pop-up will open that says "Manage Attachments."

In the "Manage Attachments" pop-up, click "Choose File." Choose the file you want to upload. When the file is selected, click "Upload." Repeat for each file you want to attach.

Once all of the image files are uploaded, click the paperclip again and choose "Insert All."

Back