What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any PIREP on Inogen G4 or G3

G3

Tested an Inogen G3. Found it only supplied enough O2 for 1 person above about 14.5. Unscientific using a finger pulse oximeter. Flying pilot was on regular oxygen bottle. It was heavy and I didn't want 2 units to make it functional. Would be nice to not rely on O2 refills on extended trips.

thanks Larry for your reply. So for one person it does fine up to 14.5K feet?

So for one person it does fine up to 14.5K feet?

No. In my unscientific testing it did fine for 2 people up to about 14.5. Above that (up to 17.5), it was only good for 1 person. Caveat: that one person was me and my O2 tolerance is certainly different from others.

I have a G3 and have used it successfully to 12.5 for 2 people. We use oxygen whenever near 10k, lower at night, no hassle of refilling bottles.

You can find used ones around $1,000 on Craigslist or eBay.

I am looking at getting an Inogen G4, How did you guys go about plumbing the two cannula (cannuli???) How does the system work out when to deliver the oxygen with 2 connected?

I don’t have the dual set up but I got the g4 for $800. It’s awesome. I am curious about splitting to 2.
Also I know Inogen just released a G5. Has better specs then the g4 but can’t find the g5 for a good price. New They are $2500

For those of you using these, when you have two people connected are you using regulator cannulas or are you using oxymizer with these?

For those of you using these, when you have two people connected are you using regulator cannulas or are you using oxymizer with these?

I just purchased a G5 aviator version and it came with a single and dual setup and they are just regular cannulas. Since the Inogen units deliver the oxygen in pulses I'm not sure the oxymizer cannulas would work. If they happen to work they wouldn't be necessary since it is not a continuous flow system.

Back