What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How many RVs do you count?

Rosie

Well Known Member
Hi all,
Just closed up the hangar after a fun-filled-evening outside on the ramp for our monthly summer 'movie night' at the Rosales Hangar. We have Larry & Gerri Schneider here from Phoenix (DVT) and Paul Dye visiting from Dayton (A34) near Lake Tahoe. Scott 'Hooter' Rainey's shiny RV-4 is almost 'stealth'... :D Not pictured is Gary 'Condor' Sobek's red VW as he picked up four Lycoming cylinders for Paul at Van Nuys (VNY) and dropped them off with me: They would not fit in "Tsam"...RV friends are the BEST!

Keep poundin' them rivets because it's ALL worth it! Rosie & Tuppergal

Movie_night_Aug_2013.jpg

Thanks Rosie and Victoria!

And Gary too - the "mission" went great, and I had a great time. 2:04 from Carson City to Rosamond yesterday down the Central Valley (headwinds) to get a different persepctive on California. A nice afternoon at Rosie's, then a flight with him down to Van Nuys to check out the cylinders in person and give the seller a check - met Condor there and loaded the jugs in his car, then back into Rosie's well-traveled machine for the hop back to L00. ("Rosie" - Paul Rosales - lives at "Rosamond", which is right underneath "Rosie" intersection. It must be nice to have friends in places that name things....).

Wonderful evening of airpark fellowship with beautiful temperatures and a star-filled desert sky, a comfortable night at the Rosie Hotel, and a 1:40 flight back up the Owens Valley this morning (tailwinds!). Tsam got to stretch her wings under the shadow of the Sierra, and here we are back in the smokey Carson valley (wildfires have dropped visibilities in the area all week).

Good people, some new story ideas for the magazine, wonderful flying, and beautiful scenery. What a magical life.

Paul

My inspiration

Your hangar is the inspiration for my retirement plans.

Bud

From Rosie: That's great Bud! Remember, you'll never hear a pilot say, "I wish I'd of built a smaller hangar!" Build BIG :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Hotel

Hi all,
Just closed up the hangar after a fun-filled-evening outside on the ramp for our monthly summer 'movie night' at the Rosales Hangar. We have Larry & Gerri Schneider here from Phoenix (DVT) and Paul Dye visiting from Dayton (A34) near Lake Tahoe. Scott 'Hooter' Rainey's shiny RV-4 is almost 'stealth'... :D Not pictured is Gary 'Condor' Sobek's red VW as he picked up four Lycoming cylinders for Paul at Van Nuys (VNY) and dropped them off with me: They would not fit in "Tsam"...RV friends are the BEST!

Keep poundin' them rivets because it's ALL worth it! Rosie & Tuppergal

Movie_night_Aug_2013.jpg

Rosie, I really like your hangar. Other than the beautiful airplanes, there are two things that strike my eye: 1) the '57 Chevrolet Bel Air two door hardtop and 2) the Phantom of the Opera poster. (Just think: there is a whole generation of folks who don't know where the gasoline filler cap is located on a '57 Chevy!)

Nice touch!

P.S. In answer to your question, I count either 4 or 7, depending on if you mean "RV" in the Van's Airplane sense, or "RV" in the "recreational vehicle sense." ;)

From Rosie: Good catch Don! It was a trick question :)

No RV yet!

What? :eek: No RV? Heresy!

I know. I looked for an RV model in Sketchup but no joy, and I don't have the skills in Sketchup to make one. For now, it a spam can. :(

From Don:I was just pulling your chain. I like your idea, and like Rosie says, build BIG! :)

...and by the way, that 57 Chevy is a great airport car and goes like stink! It will out-accelerate all of my RV's from a standing start....:eek:

cool hanger

Rosie,

I would like some more pictures of your hanger. It looks good.

I know where the gas door is on a 57. I had a 56, and a 57. Wish I still had both.

You'll get em Jay! Rosie

Back