What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview Audio Out Failure

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
On my last flight, my skyview classic audio stopped working and it put up the Audio Output Failure warning. It worked fine on the prior flight.

There is very little information on this failure notice in the manual. Does anyone know if this failure warning is tripped due to an internal failure (ie, skyview not producing audio), or if the system senses when is it connected to an audio device, meaning it could be wiring or audio panel as well. Just looking for some info before I tear everything apart to trace wires. If it is internal, not much I can do about it myself.

Thanks!

Follow-up. Heard back from Dynon. The failure that results in this notification is an internal failure that requires return for repair.

I hope it does not cost you $450 the flat rate to repair it!

I'm sure it will. Not going to send in right now, I don't want the downtime. I'll wait and do it when the aircraft is down for maintenance or condition inspection, or if I am going to be out of town for a bit.

Back